Health is the bigger issue in today’s life and people have to be very much cautious to know about their health and related issues. The changed life style, wrong eating habits, excessive junk food and late night working has become the prominent cause of health issues. The major problems like obesity, heart disease, cancer etc silently penetrate into individual’s life without giving any early warning signal. It becomes more complicated when these diseases crosses the limit and individual have no other option just to surrender, so it becomes essential to constantly monitor the health and right insurance policy give the big way to meet with such challenges of the life which comes before us, in the form of health problems.
What is a health insurance policy?
Health insurance is the insurance by an individual for the risk of incoming medical expenses. Overall health expenses risk is estimated and calculated among target groups, and individual insurer get a routine financial structure like monthly premium where money is available in certain insurance agreements for the health care benefits payments. This benefit is monitored and administered by the reputed organizations like some government agencies, nonprofit groups and private businesses. A health insurance policy is agreement between insurance company and an individual or the family which is applicable for the citizens of the country for covering health care costs for all the diseases or some major diseases. An individual needs to know certain points which are involved in the health care policies. These are:
- Premium: The amount to be paid by the policy holder for getting the health coverage.
- Deductible: This includes the amount which policy holder have to pay for the doctor visits and prescriptions before the insurance company pays its share.
- Co-payment: this is the amount which is paid by the insured person to get the doctor service for every visit which is solely born by the individual.
- Co-insurance: This is the fixed percentage of amount which individual have to pay. This is the percentage of the total cost which is shared by the insured person.
- Exclusion: This refers to indicate that insurance policy will cover for which services and insurer have to pay for services which are not covered in the policy.
- Coverage limits: This would reveal that the health care policy would cover the health care up to maximum limits, remaining expenditure will be born be the individual policy holder.
- Capitation: This is the amount paid by the insurer to the health care provider for the treatment of all the members of the insurer.
- prior authorizations: This is the authorization or certification necessary for getting the payment for medical services utilized by the insurer.
- Explanation of benefits: this is the document which reveals the medical services covered by the insurance policy provider and payment terms and conditions.
Problems in getting heath insurance claims
It is quite complicated to deal with the problems to potential health insurance claims. It is as tedious as maintaining good care of your body. It is utmost essential to thoroughly read the major prospect of the policy and it is quite necessary to know that what all services are covered in by your policy and what not? At that same time the medical service provider must also know that does your policy covers the given medical treatment services. If it doesn’t covers the same then it is not possible to get medical insurance claims It is important for the insurer to procure medical service and the policy papers for getting the quick claims. Some of the private investigations on the matter of the medical problems bring out the facts that the insurer gets huge trouble in getting their medical claims. There are few vital point if they are properly followed then surely an individual will have not much problem in getting the medical insurance claims.
- First of all you should know what type of coverage is in your policy.
- Get the confirmation from the customer service department for your plan in the writing.
- Document your contacts.
- If your problem is not resolved or getting delayed then you can take up expedite grievance process.
- If your problem is not resolved and the condition is not danger to your health then write letter explaining your concern. This is called filing a grievance. This letter will project your problem and initiated steps you took to solve the problem. It should have the copies of any supporting documentation from doctor or the medical representative.
- In addition to filing a grievance with your plan, you can also file a complaint with the Insurance Commissioner’s office.
At any point in the dispute of getting the claim, it becomes necessary to select an expert medical insurance claim attorney. He must be able to contact the insurance company before commencing a law suit against them preceding a law suit is a costly and stressful affair and will not result in solving the problem.
Read More here http://www.bricon.com.sg/individual-health-insurance/